Tuesday 18 January 2011

History of the project idea.

Elusion is set within the concrete jungle of a deprived council estate. A story of sisters showing family loyalty, and the desire for escapism. This is a haunting reality of the safety of youths in today's society.


The idea for Elusion revolves around the desire of escapism. I wanted to create a story from personal experience that i could really show passion for, but also create something new and completely different to previous projects i've been involved with. I want to completely understand the idea and how to tell it cinematically.

The story spawns loosely on past experiences of me and my brother. My biggest fear was seeing my brother attacked whilst he tried to protect me. It's a hard reality to accept if your guardian who you look up to, falls to a situation where you need them the most. 



Reading many things about screen writing i found that you shouldn't become too personal when writing a story, so i decided to add a few things for dramatic effect, and decided to make the main characters a group of girls instead of boys, because i think that pulls me far enough away to develop the characters in a different and more efficient way.

No comments:

Post a Comment